The Evergreen Invitational Tournament has been postponed!
In discussions with our MGC Executive Committee and Director of Golf on the viability of conducting a safe and effective Evergreen event, it has become evident that with the current and foreseeable restrictions in place, we will be unable to conduct the Evergreen in the format we’ve all enjoyed and come to love.
This decision does not abandon the possibility of conducting Evergreen in 2020, but necessitates that we in the least, postpone this.
Men’s Club Announcements
Considering the required Safety Guidelines approved by the CBOD, the Men’s Golf Club Executive Committee made the following decisions:
- Hole in One's, Eagle's, and Age Shooter recognition has been reinstated effective June 2nd, 2020.
- The June 13th Senior Net Tournament is postponed. We are considering moving it to August 8th in place of / combined with the Annual Picnic.
- Player of the Year and Ryder Cup points tracking will be reviewed for modification / cancellation.
- NCGA has stated that even with modified course conditions (sand traps, cups, etc.), the scores are postable and should be posted. POST ALL YOUR ROUNDS, if playing by the Rules of Golf. (When playing as a single you may not post. “Practice rounds” using 2 balls, mulligans throughout the round, etc. are not postable.) If you have a question about posting scores, contact any member of the Handicap Support group listed in your Green Book.
Please familiarize yourselves and comply with the Safety Guidelines. Consequences for noncompliance include removal from the course and/or suspension of privileges.
Upoming Men's Golf Club Events
2020 Home & Home Tournaments
For the full schedule of 2020 events, click HERE or check the posting room.
If you have questions about the 2019 Home and Home Program:
- Contact Geoff Gault at: (408) 202-2089 or
- Email Geoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to Hole-In-One and Eagle Shooters for 2020!!
Jim Valenti, Hole #11 on March 4th
Mickey Adelman, Hole #2 on March 13th
Bob Wilk, Hole #2 on March 9th
Bob Wilk, Hole #14 on March 2nd
CK Kim, Hole #8 on February 15th
Quincy Virgilio, Hole #1 on February 13th
Ted Escobar, Hole #9 on February 12th
Clay Wahlgren, Hole #15 on January 27th
Paul Swinson, Hole #9 on January 22nd
Quincy Virgilio, Hole #9 on January 8th
Membership and participation in monthly tournaments is limited to
The Villages Golf and Country Club permanent residents only.
A few yearly events (Evergreen Invitational, Holiday Mixers, Weekly
Organized Games) may include invited guests.